Last updated July 29, 2021.
The Field of Dreamers Cooperative Softball Association needs substitute players! If you’re looking for a chance to play ball with some revolutionary cuties this summer, come sub with us.
We encourage folks who don’t often or ever see their identities reflected in organized sports leagues to sign up – no softball experience necessary!
Here’s what you can expect from playing as a sub:
- All Field of Dreamers games take place at Trinity Bellwoods Park on Sunday nights at 8:00pm and 9:30pm.
- A sub coordinator will reach out by email with a request for subs, usually at least 48 hours before a game (but last-minute sub calls are also a thing!)
- If you’re available, let the coordinator know ASAP.
- The coordinator will put you in touch with the team captain to answer any questions and chat through any access needs.
- Subs are meant to lend back-up support to a team, not lead it to victory. This is why subbing is an ideal thing to do if you’re looking to get some experience playing softball in a supportive environment with zero pressure!
Here are some general tips to help ensure everything goes smoothly and that you have a great time:
- Once you are connected with the team captain, feel free to let them know what position(s) you are interested in playing or interested in learning.
- We unfortunately don’t have spare jerseys, so feel free to ask your captain what the team colours are (jerseys and/or wearing the team colour is not necessary)
- Try to arrive at least 15 minutes before game time so you have a chance to check in with the team captain, meet your teammates, ask any questions, and warm up!
- All games are played on Sunday evenings between 8PM and 11PM at Trinity-Bellwoods Park (Diamond #1 – SkyDome), on the northern baseball field (near Dundas Street).
- Please make sure to arrive on time as games start right at 8PM and 9:30PM.
- If you have your own glove feel free to bring it. If you don’t, no problem! We almost always have spares.
- All subs are always welcome to join training days that are organized throughout the season or special events.
- If you can no longer fill in as a sub during the year, please let us know so that we can open up the spot for another player.